Sunday, 12 April 2020

A bit banged up

During the course of the last few weeks I've been trying my hand at weathering some of the ever-increasing number of Mecha models I keep getting.

 Both kits I've managed to finish so far are Gundam Mobile Suits from the UC-timeline:

My first try was this Zaku II. Being an older kit, it didnt have as many panel lines and detailing as the later kits, but I tried my hand at scribing some new lines. I'm not sure about the result, but for a first attempt the weathering and new lines are acceptable I hope.

This next one is a GM type-C. With this one I actually managed to remember to photograph the kit before any weathering was attempted, so there is simething to compare with!

Before weathering.

And after.

Still not the greatest at this, but I hope to get the hang of it as I go along..

I also set up a small fight scene on the kitchen table so you can see both kits in the same shot:

That's all for today, I'm working on another kit at this time and will probably post it when I manage to finish.

Til next time!


  1. Some nice weathering there Alexander, really adds character.