Wednesday 19 September 2018

And now; space mecha


For a couple of weeks I managed to do little at all in terms of hobby. After building a few Gundam model kits and watching a bunch of anime, I was inspired to revisit anime-style mecha gaming.

I got a few sets of power armor from GZG during salute and I realized that they could fit the bill.


The first faction:

I decided to cut the bases off the models and re-pose them a bit to make them feel more dynamic.






The second faction:






I have yet to decide on the exact details of the setting, but I'll get to that in a future post.

Horizon Wars is the most likely candidate for playing these games, with some house rules to tweak the feeling appropriately.

I hope to have some terrain ready in a few days, and perhaps a quick background for the setting.

Til next time!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent work Alexander, the reposing works wonders on them.
    In a smaller scale setting these might be huge.
    I look forward to see how you continue from here.
    Horizon Wars is a good system though a little bit simple at times. Great for one off battles and less for a campaign in my opinion.
    You might be better off exploring something like Jovian Wars, Gruntz or Battletech (there are too few mecha games out there). The BESM or Mekton RPGs got some rules for miniatures too which may work, as well as great mecha building rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      I feel there are certainly limits within HW, as with any system. I like BESM and Mekton, but I might just cobble together something completely different to fit my tastes..

      Thank you for the great suggestions, certainly food for thought!

      Delete
  2. Excellent !
    It's for which game ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!
      I'm not 100% sure yet, Horizon Wars is a definite contender, but I might end up making something from scratch for this. We'll just have to see..

      Delete
  3. They look good Alexander, nice work on them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which scale were these from GZG?

    ReplyDelete