Wednesday 24 May 2017

Overview of the city, stage 1 completed


You might have noticed that I recently finished the last piece of the terrain project I've been working on since last year.

Last post I didn't have time to take some photos of the finished set, something I now aim to rectify!



A few shots in line with the highest buildings, as well as one from on high. The mechs and armor on respective sides are part of the principal adversaries fighting over this city specifically, as well as the planet itself generally.


The admin center on the right, fancier residentials in the center and commercial district streching out at the top.

The rest of the commercial districts, along with the shuttle port and refinery. You can just make out the comms facility to the top far right.

A better shot of the right half, comms and refinery seen from the other side.

Sprawling slums to the south, while a small group of officials or visiting VIPs stay at the gated compound seen on the far left.

 Back where we started, but from the opposite angle.

It's been quite an undertaking, but now that it's finished, I'm glad that I convinced myself to do it.
I can't help but think of extra tiles to add now that the basics are finished, but that will probably have to wait for a while, as I also start to prepare the USS and NIJA for war. A few more mechs might show up to bolster the forces, as soon as I can decide on how many points each side gets for the entire campaign..

What do you think of the city now that it's finished? Is there anything you think should be added? Let me know!

Til next time!

6 comments:

  1. Really cool board!
    What scale are you working in? The mechs and tanks are nifty as well; where can I find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      This is all made to fit 6mm, so about 1/285 or so. The tanks are from brigade models 6mm sci-fi range while the mechs are Reaper CAV's, technically 10mm models, but they work well regardless, I prefer my mechs really big or really small!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff Alexander, you really pulled out all the stops on this one. Have enjoyed watching this develop, great final pictures, it works really well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, glad you think so, hopefully there will be a bunch of interesting scraps around and in the city!

      Delete
  3. Not just spectacular, but with a ton of story and character to boot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!

      As time progresses I hope to add more bits and pieces, evolving the character as it grows :)

      Delete