Getting started is always the hardest part for me, so after last week's post it didn't take too long to finish up the WiP's I showed off and so here they are:
First the Battlemechs, Steel Warrior Studios Bullsharks (an interpretation of the classic Marauder)
As an added bonus, I finally settled on a color scheme for my mercs.
My Shapeways mechs managed to get some attention as well, all 4 being completed the following evening.
A mixed bag of color schemes, but every single mech looks better with paint than before it, so that's a win in and of itself!
These first prints have been fun to make, it's really cool to have something you designed on your computer as a real-life object in your hand. If I ever make any more, which is likely, it's also been good experience and hopefully I can do better next time around!
Finally I have the results of my recent attempt at using hot-wire cutters to shape some terrain. I decided to start with something basic that you can almost never have too much of;
After painting a base layer of grey on the pieces I just drybrushed it in a few stages some to give a more worn look.
I have started thinking about making some more elaborate pieces now that I have a bit more experience trying to shape the material. We'll see what happens.
The next batch of battlemechs have been basecoated and are drying as I write this.
I'm also tinkering with Starport Scum a bit to have some mech and possibly combined arms battles using the system. I just love the versatility of the ruleset and hopefully it will allow me to have quick and quick battles with an adjustable level of detail.
Til next time!